Pages

5.01.2011

Welcome!

I'm never any good at describing myself or who I am, and since it's very likely only people I know will read this blog, it seems kind of pointless to introduce myself. But nonetheless, this is me in a nutshell:

28, married to the perfect guy in 2004, college graduate, home owner, banker, photography-obsessed, no kids (unless our adorable yellow lab Maggie counts!), small group of close friends, great family. I am such a lucky person to have the life I do and I absolutely am so grateful for everything I have!

So why this blog? I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and life is passing me by. I don't think I live life to the fullest and am wasting the many opportunities I've been given. I know I need to make changes, but I seem to be stuck from even taking that first step. My hope is that by putting my goals/dreams/etc out there in a public forum that it will be that initial push I need to get started.
My plan is to refresh/revamp every area of my life, little at a time. I'm not looking for massive and/or instant changes, but slower/long-term improvements that I can stick with. Some examples:
  • Overhauling my "diet" by eating healthier, higher-quality foods and cooking more meals at home (goodbye junk food and eating out multiple times a week!) Not only is it better for the waistline, but it's better for our checking account too.
  • Finding an exercise routine I enjoy and can do most days of the week, as I currently workout maybe once a month. I'm not overweight, but I'm not toned and I have zero energy most days.
  • Taking more pride in my appearance by finding beauty products that flatter me, not just ones on sale that week that don't do me any favors (I'm a bit cheap, I'll admit that! lol). This would mean paring down my makeup/beauty items & replacing with new stuff. Also, learning how to properly put on makeup would be a big plus. haha
  • Building up my wardrobe from scratch, focusing on quality and wearability. I have a closet full of clothes that I really hate (again, most were purchased because they were on sale, not because I loved them) & need to slowly fill it with pieces that I'm excited to wear and will stay in style a while.
  • Our house. We've owned it almost 3.5 years and have yet to decorate most of it. It doesn't really feel like a cozy home to me, just a place we live. I am determined to change that, room by room.
There are more things that need improvement, but these are the main areas and a good starting-off point. Even if this blog is terrible and boring, at the very least, I'll have a record of this time in my life and what I was up to, right? :) But I'll try to liven it up with lots of photos and hopefully lots of successes along the way. I'm sure there will be some hilarious failures too, so stay tuned for those.

Since no post is complete without a photo, I'll leave you with a self-portrait of my husband and I on Easter :)

Easter 2011

1 comment:

  1. I'm so looking forward to your blog! I'm already jealous of the adorable theme you have here.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs