Pages

5.23.2011

My body: Before

This is the post I've been dreading since I decided to start this blog. But it's also the entry that I'm hoping will give me the kick in the ass I need to make a change. Let me start by saying I'm aware that I'm not fat. But am I happy with how I've let myself go? Not at all!

I'll save the backstory of my struggle with weight for another time, but I am putting myself out there in hopes that I will be motivated to actually do something instead of just feeling sorry for myself. I am lazy, I will admit that :) I work out once or twice, don't see a difference, and give up on it. That's unrealistic and stupid, yes, but isn't that how a lot of people are?

I'm really determined to see this through though. Being in shape and feeling good about myself will directly effect many other areas in my life.

So onto my stats as of yesterday morning:
  • A little over 5'3"
  • 113.5 pounds
  • 33.5" chest
  • 26.5" waist
  • 33.5" (between waist & hips -- my main problem area)
  • 35.5" hips
I'm generally happy with my body, but the area between my waist and hips is just getting worse. I gain most weight right around that area, so while I'm not overweight, I still have that round, pudgy mid-section.

Since I need a goal to work towards, I've decided that I'm not going to focus on the weight. I'm going to work towards reducing inches. My first goal: lose 1" in the area between my waist & hips in 2 weeks. Is that do-able? I have no idea :) I am withholding the cute new clothes I bought until I reach this little goal. I figure 1 new piece of clothing every few weeks should motivate me to work hard and push myself.



Right now, my main source of exercise is the Xbox Kinect. I play Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and really enjoy it! It makes exercising fun and I don't have to leave the house to do it. I plan on doing that 4-5 times a week and running (aka jogging/speed walking) 2 times a week. I'm not going to worry about my diet at this point because I think I'm doing just fine with that and don't want to do too much at once. I love my food, so I'm willing to work a little harder to maintain my eating habits.

Ok, so I promised I would post a before photo and I'm burying it at the bottom in hopes that no one will have read this far ;) Like I said, I'm not proud, but I am determined to get healthy and toned and be happy with my body. I will post another photo in 2 weeks and hopefully there will be a little bit of a difference. So here goes nothing :)


With that, I'm off to work out! Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs