Pages

5.07.2011

Picking out the perfect gift

I have a long history of being a not-so-great gift giver. At first, it was due to a lack of funds. When you're flat broke, it's hard to give good gifts, especially when you aren't crafty OR creative. Another issue? Procrastination! This is mostly true come Christmas time when we're at Target on December 24th hoping that the perfect gift(s) falls right into our laps.

I'd like to think that we've gotten a little better at this in the last few years. We have a little more money now and also start our shopping in November (yay Black Friday!), but that doesn't mean we don't go to countless stores over and over to find the right gift for a friend or family member.

I'm lucky that I have a tiny family and I know all of them really well. My husband's family, on the other hand, is HUGE and he never knows what they want/need, so it makes it impossible for me to help. We usually go the gift card route since everyone loves a gift card, right? :)
Tomorrow is Mother's Day and while giving a gift card was tempting, I wanted to put more thought into my gift for my mom and grandma. We're having brunch at grandma's house tomorrow and I really want them to enjoy what I picked out for them :) (No worries, this won't ruin the surprise as I think only 2 people read this blog and it's not either of them. haha)

We went to Target (I could live there I love it so much!) this morning and after walking the store a few times, I think I finally put together some great gifts for them. For grandma, I got her a black shadowbox frame and added a few photos to it, a big packet of flower seeds for her garden and a cute wood plaque to hang in her house. For mom, I got her favorite tea, a dark chocolate truffle bar, an adorable notecard set and a lemon-scented soy candle in a pretty tin. I apologize for the terrible photos -- I'm taking my lens in to get serviced next week as it isn't focusing right.

I hope everyone tells their mom just how much they love them tomorrow :)

gift1
gift2
gift3
gift4
gift5
gift6
gift7
gift8
gift9
gift10

2 comments:

  1. I think you've done an excellent job : ) Your mom and I drink the same tea! I just had a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma and mom loved their gifts :) It's funny, mom got grandma a note card set just like the one I got mom, but with a different pattern. Great minds think alike!

    Mom likes to put that tea (cold) into lemonade and make passion fruit lemonade like they sell at Starbucks. I've never had their version, but mom says it's very close.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs