Pages

10.19.2013

A birthday tribute to Liz

I was almost 13 when my sister Liz was born. I don't remember any of the bad stuff that goes along with bringing a baby home (not sleeping through the night, diaper blowouts, crying fits), I just remember how cute she was and how much I loved having a little sister. I'd dress her up in pretty clothes, play toys with her, watch Disney movies 8 times in a row (she figured out how to rewind the VCR to play her favorites over & over), "coach" her for gymnastics in the living room.

Some of my favorite memories of Liz through the years...
  • Her Teletubbies phase
  • Her attachment to Tickle me Elmo
  • Having The Little Mermaid on repeat for days at a time
  • Liz's little voice and laugh when she was younger. Cutest thing in the world!
  • Teaching her gymnastics fundamentals and how important it was to have good form and pointed toes. We'd do forward rolls on the couch and handstands on the carpet. I was convinced she was going to be an Olympic champion. lol
  • Having little photo sessions when she was younger and I was just getting into photography. My earliest photos were blurry and terrible, but my favorite one is of her probably 2 years old in a leotard clutching her Elmo, striking a model pose. Liz has always been game to let me practice photography on her :)
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9y_O6iz9c (I still say this alll the timeee)
  • "Have you met my friend Boddie?"
  • Liz and her violin concerts. It started in 4th grade as just a little hobby and now as a senior, Liz blows everyone away with her amazing talent. She is a true rockstar!
  • Taking photos of Liz & her outfits on her 1st day of school. I think I stopped when she hit 5th grade since I wasn't living in Salem at the time :( I really wish I would have kept doing it!
  • Standing back-to-back to see if she was taller than me yet (she just recently passed me, by the smallest of margins. Ugh!)
  • All the birthdays and holidays we've shared as a family
  • Seeing how great she is with her nephew Oliver :)
I could go on for days, but those are the highlights. I am so impressed by how smart, driven and motivated my sister is! I am so proud of her violin talent and what a truly kind person she is. Despite the age difference, my baby sis is still one of my best friends and I'm excited to see what the future holds for her.

I love you Liz, you are the best little sister I could ever ask for :) Happy 18th birthday!

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs