Pages

11.01.2013

Project Refresh: Month 3


Happy November 1st! I love the beginning of a new month. I get to look back at the previous month to see what went well/what didn't and plan new goals for the current month. It's even more exciting that the holidays are coming up so quickly and that Thanksgiving is this month! I can't wait :)

So how did I do on last month's goals?
  • Find the perfect gift for my sister's 18th birthday: Yes! My brother actually found it, but we (Derek & I, my brother & sis-in-law) got my sister a beautiful diamond musical note necklace.

  • Book and shoot 2 senior sessions: We only did 1 senior session in October, but we did have some other sessions to make up for it
  • Lose 3 pounds: I did, then I gained a pound back at the end of the month. lol. 
  • Get the guest bed cleared off by selling or donating everything on it: This is still a work in progress. It's about 50% cleared and everything is listed on ebay/Craigslist, I'm just waiting for people to buy our stuff :)
  • Pick out a cute Halloween costume for Oliver: Yup, we found a cute (& warm) dinosaur outfit for Oliver to wear on Halloween. He loved it & looked so cute! Derek & I didn't dress up this year, maybe next time.
  • Go through my bedroom closet & dresser to organize and purge clothes I don't wear or like: I didn't get rid of many things, but I did organize and clean up my dresser/closet, so this was a success.
  • Take Oliver to get his first haircut: We did and he looks so grown-up now! He didn't mind getting his hair cut and I'm glad we finally did it. 

    I'd rate October a B+. I'm getting the hang of getting stuff done with a curious & hyperactive toddler around 24/7, but I still have some work to do. So what's on the agenda for November?

    Project Refresh: Month 3
    • I want to make/put some bookshelves up in Oliver's room finally (like this: http://mekhart.blogspot.com/2011/02/nursery-room-book-shelves.html) Oliver has so many cool books & I want to display them & keep them in one location.
    • Get a little greenhouse made for the backyard to put all our plants in for the winter
    • Finish cleaning out & organizing my filing cabinet
    • Get an updated home inventory list put together for insurance purposes (this has been on my to-do list for the last 2 years & I keep putting it off)
    • Set up the tripod & take a great family photo (for Christmas cards, perhaps?)
    • Have a dinner/movie night over at our house with family or friends

    Have a great weekend everyone! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs