Pages

10.29.2011

Pregnancy Update: Week 13



How far along: 13 weeks - 2nd trimester! (some don't consider the 2nd trimester to start until the end of week 13, but I don't agree with that)

Total weight gain: 1 lb (started around 115, currently at 116)

Sleep: I've been able to sleep a little better this past week, but I still wake up several times a night to get move around and get comfortable.

Maternity Clothes: None yet, but I'm thinking of getting a pair of maternity jeans this weekend. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day in tight pants hurts :(

Food cravings: Still lots of milk, pears, grapefruit juice, instant flavored oatmeal.

Food aversions: (Same as last week) Water makes me so sick to my stomach, so I'm probably pretty dehydrated right now. I'm hating sweets, greasy/fried foods, anything with a strong smell and saltine crackers.

Symptoms: This is the 1st week that I have started to feel better. I still need to eat lots of little protein-rich snacks every few hours or I feel sick, but I have a bit more energy and I am able to focus more on what I'm doing, rather than thinking of my next snack. lol. My back has been hurting this week and I still get really tired around 8pm. 

Movement: None yet.

Gender: Not sure.

What I’m looking forward to: To look more like I have a real baby in my stomach, instead of a food baby. haha! Starting to exercise again now that I'm not sick all the time. I plan to start taking daily walks to ease into it. Finding some comfortable jeans that don't dig into my stomach.

What I miss: Eating whatever I want, water, having the energy to keep the house clean (it's always a mess now), motivation to leave the house.

Best moment this week: We had our first OB appointment on Wednesday to get a full exam and go over my blood work and other various tests I took a few weeks back. All the blood work came back normal, I passed the glucose test (yay!), they didn't find anything weird in the urine test, and we were able to hear baby's heart beating again which was neat :) The doctor also said I have great strong hips that will easily support a baby. Good to know.

2 comments:

  1. You've got those Elsom birthin' hips. I think Richard has them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! That is true. It runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs