Pages

1.29.2013

Baby steps

Any guesses on how many times I've worked out since my last blog post; the one where I swore I was going to get in to shape? That would be 1 time and it doesn't even really count since I didn't work up a sweat.

I tend to put so much pressure on myself before I even start that I convince myself that I'm heading for failure. So I never quite get off the ground and end up giving up a few days or weeks later.

I'm the type of person that needs to be pushed, be held accountable, have an attainable goal and action plan. I'm 0 for 4 on those things. I need to get back to basics and start from scratch on this one. Just saying I'm going to get into shape obviously isn't going to work.

So here's the plan: Every Sunday, I will (attempt to) post an entry about how often I worked out and for how long. Once a month, I'll post my newest stats and possibly a photo. I want to start taking walks again on my breaks at work, but with the cold/rainy weather, I don't know how likely I'd be to stick to that plan. So I'll start doing workouts on the xBox kinect for the time being to ease into this.

For every week that I exercise 5 days for 20 minutes or more, I'll take $20 out of the bank to spend on myself, on whatever I want (except for food/snacks). I'll continue to increase the amount of minutes per day once I get a routine set that I can stick with.

I'll be starting this February 1st and will have my 1st update next weekend. Feel free to send me lots of photos of in-shape ladies to prevent me from sitting around eating candy all day. lol. That sounds more likely than me working out, but I'm hoping by starting small that I'll get into a groove and keep going with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs