Pages

1.06.2013

10 before 30 updated


Oh hello blog, I forgot all about you! Working full time and raising a kid really takes every last minute of my day, but I love it.

I really want to get back into updating regularly and expanding my blog, so fingers crossed that I can squeeze in some time throughout the week to work on that :)

So I recently turned 30 and thought I would re-visit my '10 before 30' list to see how I did. These were goals that I felt were achievable before the end of 2012, but I seemed to over-estimate myself & how much time I had (as usual). See list & comments on each below.

1. Volunteer at a homeless shelter.

Sadly, I didn't get around to this one, but I'd really like to in 2013.

2. Save enough money (at least $1,500) to extend my maternity leave 4 weeks. (I'll have 2 weeks of paid vacation and hopefully 2 weeks of paid sick time, but that's it. The longer I can stay home, the better!)

I was able to stay home with Oliver for 8.5 weeks, so this was a success!

3. Photograph 2 weddings.

I didn't photograph any :( Hoping for better luck in 2013.

4. Make one new lifelong friend.

Yup :)

5. Take our dog Maggie for more walks; at least 3 a week. I'm a bad dog mom, I know :(

We kept this one up during maternity leave and in the summer months, but once we went back to work, there just wasn't time :( Plus, I can't push a stroller and walk an energetic dog at the same time. I'm not that talented yet. haha

6. Plan one last weekend trip for my husband & I before the baby comes. Somewhere cheap (but fun) and within driving distance is the goal.

We took a few day trips, so I think that counts :)

7. Trade in our queen for a king size bed.

Still working on this one...

8. Continue with my 365 project, taking a photo every single day until the end of the year.

This was a success! Check out my Flickr gallery to see my year: Project 365 - 2012

9. Take an overnight trip out of town with our baby boy later this year.

We took a weekend trip to the lake when Oliver was a few weeks old. He went on a boat and we watched dad fish. It was a lot of fun, but exhausting with him being so young.

10. Sell my current car and get a 4-door without spending much money.

All the cars I like require us taking out another car loan and I'm not willing to do that right now. So this goal is on the back burner for now.

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs