Pages

6.09.2013

Mistaken identity - Vol. 1

I have a very unique name. I've never met another person with my name (face to face) and probably never will. I was lucky to be one of the first to jump on the gmail bandwagon and was able to register my first name as my e-mail before anyone else could.

With that said, there are still people out there with my name. Google says so at least :) And these people either don't know their e-mail address or they wish they had mine. Either way, I get some hilarious messages sent to me from people thinking I'm someone else. I also get really confidential stuff (resumes, flight schedules, school records, etc) from people that probably should double check who they're sending those things to :) Mostly, I get annoying subscription e-mails to different websites and games that I never signed up for. Or password resets to websites I've never heard of.

I've posted several on my facebook, but wanted to post the latest and greatest on my blog. I've covered up all personal info (names, phone numbers, addresses), but the messages shown are how they came to me. I'm not looking to embarrass anyone or get someone in trouble, I just think it's a good reminder to always verify who you're sending an e-mail to before hitting the send button. And it's pretty hilarious too :)

 Yes, I watched the video just to see what it was. lol

This person doesn't give up. I got a soup diet recipe and 2 e-mails asking if I was working out. I really wanted to respond and tell them they had a typo in their signature (Univeristy).

This one made me laugh! Apparently I have "no swagg". Such a shame!

 Sorry for your luck Shronda.

I've gotten a lot of photos sent to me, but these 2 have to be my all-time favorites! I always wanted another little sister. lol



These 3 e-mails (there were at least 10 more I received) are all the way from a minister in Sri Lanka. I was pretty excited to get those photos on May 29th, since all the other e-mails were long and boring. I'm guessing the website never got updated? haha

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laughs! As one of the people responsible for your name...you're welcome;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs